SAIPA Project AchieverTurn your hard work into a professional designation through SAIPA's Project Achiever
At SAIPA, we’re passionate about the accounting profession and about your career path as a Professional Accountant (SA).
In partnership with the Finance and Accounting Services Sector Education and Training Authority (FASSET) a programme has been developed to prepare qualifying candidates for the Professional Evaluation (PE) exam.
The programme is open to all as our aim is to grow and transform the accounting industry to be more reflective of South Africa’s demographics.
Read below for more information.
What are the benefits?
Project Achiever helps young accounting professionals to earn the designation of Professional Accountant (SA).
The Project Achiever initiative seeks to meet transformation goals, and previously disadvantaged candidates residing in Gauteng, Western Cape or KwaZulu Natal that meet the following criteria are invited to apply:
- completed BCom or equivalent tertiary qualification, and
- completed three year SAIPA learnership or six years verifiable working experience in a financial environment.
Ideally suited to this initiative is:
- candidates who have previously written the SAIPA Professional Evaluation Exam and were not successful, or
- candidates that have completed the SAIPA three year learnership programme, but have not written the Professional Evaluations Exam, or
- candidates whose SAIPA learnership is coming to an end.
Academic and Practical Requirements
A degree with the following core subjects from a SAIPA accredited Tertiary Institution:
- Financial Accounting 3
- Taxation 1
- Auditing 1 OR Internal Auditing 2 OR Internal Control and Code of Ethics
- Corporate Law 1 OR Commercial Law 2
- Management Accounting
Consisting of EITHER:
- Three years’ supervised training at an Accredited Training Centre (ATC) (as a registered Learnership with FASSET), documented in the Institute’s official training logbook, regularly updated by the Trainee Accountant and the Training Centre principal, and monitored on an annual basis by a SAIPA nominated Monitoring Officer.
- Six years’ relevant, verifiable experience verified by current and previous employers.
- Training programme from other accredited professional accountancy bodies – i.e. SAICA, ACCA, CIMA.
Prospective candidates should be preparing to write SAIPA Professional Evaluation – PE Exam.
Who can enroll for it?
As the programme is funded for a specific objective, the programme is only available to candidates who meet the entry requirements for the Professional Evaluation of SAIPA and aspiring Professional Accountants (SA) who intend to take up membership with SAIPA.
To qualify for FASSET’s funding, you must be of black African descent nationally or coloured African descent from the Western and Northern Cape region only.
All other candidates can attend at the cost of R4257.01 (include the examination fee).
If you meet the above criteria, and would like to hold the prestigious designation of Professional Accountant (SA), please complete the application form attached and send to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
What if I don’t meet the qualifying criteria?
If you don’t meet the qualifying criteria, you can join the Project Achiever Extended Programme.
What is covered in the 12 week programme?
The programme is structured in such a manner which facilitates the competency to integrate the knowledge, skills and attributes through the application in business scenarios.
There is no subject-based learning in that the barriers and boundaries of thinking in silos are removed and the candidates are required to analyse the business scenario in an integrated manner (from all aspects whether it be Financial Accounting, Financial Reporting, Management Accounting, Financial Management, Taxation, Risk Management, Auditing, etc.) to develop a solution and response to clients encountering the business problem.
The pace and intensity of the activities and programme is driven by the candidates while the facilitator performs the functions of facilitating the process.
How does it work?
Selected candidates will undergo a programme of integrating their knowledge and practical skills. They will be assisted in their preparation for writing the SAIPA competency-based Professional Evaluation exam, which – if passed – will see them being awarded the NQF level 8 qualification and the designation of Professional Accountant (SA).
Classes are held over a 12 week period in the main centres around South Africa in order to prepare candidates for the PE. For participants in outlying areas, a new online module has been launched.
What is included?
Participation by black African candidates will be fully funded by Fasset and will cover:
- competency-based training across all required core subjects,
- study materials,
- continuous assessment throughout the programme,
- subsidised travel, and
- Professional Evaluation costs.
Other candidates are also welcome to participate in Project Achiever at a fee. For more information, email email@example.com