Centre of Business Advisory
As a member of the International Federation of Accountants (IFAC) SAIPA follows its mandate and commitment to serve the SME sector among other sectors. IFAC represents nearly three million professional accountants, who act as small and medium practitioners (SMPs) for businesses, who service the SME Sector.
Equipping small and medium practitioners (SMP)
With the role of small and medium enterprises (SMEs) in job creation and economic growth being recognised globally, SAIPA is committed to the IFAC model, and believes it is crucial that our members are optimally positioned and fully equipped as small and medium practitioners (SMP) to fulfil their role as business advisors to their clients.
According to World Bank estimates, 600 million jobs will be needed by 2030 to absorb the growing global workforce, which makes SME development a high priority for many governments around the world.
The World Bank notes that SMEs contribute up to 40% of national income (GDP) in emerging economies, such as South Africa.
The South African Institute of Professional Accountants (SAIPA) recognises the need for this sector to succeed, especially given the current economic conditions in the country and the dire need for growth and job creation.
Join the Institute of Trusted Business Advisors
As most of our members act as business advisors to many small businesses, SAIPA is now introducing speciality designations for those members wishing to add to their basket of services.
We are also extending our business advisory offering to non-accountants as affiliate members in recognition of the role they are playing in the survival and revival of SMEs in South Africa.
SAIPA has established the Centre of Business Advisory (CoBA), and non-accountants are now invited to apply for affiliate membership. This will enable them to become part of our concerted efforts to ensure not only the survival of small businesses, but to help them grow and expand in the interest of the South African Economy.
We believe that our extended business advisory offering through our newly established Centre of Business Advisory will enhance the value non-accountant business advisors are already adding in the SME sector.
Requirements to apply for membership
- Experience in Business Advisory, Business Coaching or Business Mentoring over a period not less than six (6) years
- Verifiable references that may be contacted to verify experience and acumen
How to apply
- Complete the application form and upload all the required documents
- The Recognition of Prior Learning (RPL) committee will review the application and if necessary, invite you to a competency based oral assessment and presentation.
Benefits to members
- Free membership for the rest of 2020
- A SAIPA e-certificate with an electronic badge that you can display on your email and all other professional documents
- Professional Indemnity Cover and Directors Liability Cover with SAIPA AssetSure
- Regular industry updates and reminders
- Access to SAIPA Journals
- Access to advice and expertise from SAIPA Technical and Standards team
For more information please email the CoBA team at firstname.lastname@example.org