Centre of Business Advisory
As a member of the International Federation of Accountants (IFAC) SAIPA follows its mandate and commitment to serve the private sector, both large and small entities, the Public Sector as well as academia.
The growth and sustainability of businesses largely depends on how informed the owners or directors are about their role in the business. Often this necessitates that the entity sources the services of a qualified and competent business advisor to support the organisation.
Business Advisory is an essential service in the socio-economic and technological development of the country and requires unique skills to create an enabling environment for growth and sustainable businesses.
The South African Institute of Professional Accountants (SAIPA) recognises the need for economic growth this, especially given the current economic conditions in the country and the dire need for growth and job creation.
Join the Institute of Trusted Business Advisors
As most of our members act as business advisors to many businesses, SAIPA is now introducing speciality designations for those members wishing to add to their basket of services.
We are also extending our business advisory offering to non-accountants as affiliate members in recognition of the role they are playing in the survival and revival of the South African economy.
SAIPA has established the Centre of Business Advisory (CoBA), and non-accountants are now invited to apply for affiliate membership. This will enable them to become part of our concerted efforts to ensure not only the survival of small businesses, but to help them grow and expand in the interest of the South African Economy.
We believe that our extended business advisory offering through our newly established Centre of Business Advisory will enhance the value non-accountant business advisors are already adding in the business advisory space.
For more information please email the CoBA team at firstname.lastname@example.org
Requirements to apply for membership
To apply for membership prospective candidates must hold a qualification at least at NQF level 6 and provide a detailed CV reflecting:
- Experience in Business Advisory, Business Coaching or Business Mentoring over a period not less than six (6) years. The CV should provide full details of what the applicant has been engaged on in the business advisory space.
- Verifiable references that may be contacted to verify experience and acumen
How to apply
Please log on to MySAIPA, our online member platform and complete an application form by selecting:
- Continue to complete all the required information accurately
* If you do not have a MySAIPA profile, please register your details to obtain a MySAIPA profile.
Upload all the following required documents:
- Copy of your ID or Passport
- Copies of your qualifications
- If a member of other professional bodies – membership certificate(s)
* SAIPA members if you have not uploaded all your documents on the MySAIPA platform please upload these
The Recognition of Prior Learning (RPL) committee will review the application and if necessary, invite you to a competency based oral assessment and presentation.
Business Advisor Fees 2022 (VAT-inclusive)
Benefits to SAIPA members and Affiliates (non-members)
The Professional Business Advisor (SA) is a professional designation conferred by the SAIPA. CoBA empowers professional Business Advisors through certification and professional benchmarks and standards. Specific benefits of becoming a Professional Business Advisor (SA) include but are not limited to:
- Capability to carry the Professional Business Advisor (SA) credential on your business card.
- A SAIPA e-certificate with an electronic badge that you can display on your email and all other professional documents.
- Professional recognition from clients, colleagues, and employers.
- Access to network and resources inside a global organisation.
- Professional growth through compulsory Continuing Professional Development (CPD).
- Professional Indemnity Cover and Directors Liability Cover with SAIPA AssetSure
- Regular industry updates and reminders
- Access to SAIPA Journals
- Access to advice and expertise from SAIPA Technical and Standards team