SAIPA is looking for:
Senior Education and Training Manager - Posted 20 June 2019
- Draft, implement and maintain Education & Training progammes, policies and procedures relevant to the members
- Maintain and develop intervention strategies to support the members
- Develop education and training materials to support members
- Prepare, implement and monitor the budgetary and financial performance of the department
- Draft funding proposals for projects that will be implemented and/or managed by the department
- Conduct research about the education and training of professionals in the account
- Ensure the accreditation of SAIPA with IFAC by fulfilling the SMO’s
- Ensure the accreditation and registration of the qualifications and designations with the legislative authorities (SAQA, QCTO and FASSET)
- Maintain accreditation with external education organizations and other service providers including ATC
- Maintain and updating the Competency Frameworks to ensure its relevance in the marketplace by complying with legislation and standards
Education & Training
- Review and updating policies and procedures within the education and training department
- Assist in managing the effective function of the departments
- Manage the quality control over the operating processes of the department
- Manage the risks within the education and training department as well as organisation wide
- Maintain and update the Competency Framework to ensure it relevance to the market requirements
- Maintain and enhance the profile of SAIPA and its qualifications in the accounting sector and public domain
- Maintain and strengthen stakeholder relation within the organisation and the accounting profession
- Maintain the IPD and CPD programmes for the various professional designations
- Comment on legislation and standards affecting the education and training of members
- Comment on legislation and standards governing the accounting profession
- Develop and maintaining stakeholder relationships to influence legislation and standards
- Conduct research in the education and training environment of the accounting profession
- Prepare reports and make represents to internal and external stakeholders
- Develop a Stakeholder engagement plan for the Institute in collaboration with the department
- Manage relationships with department external service providers
- Ensure stakeholders derive value from association and engagements with SAIPA
- Manage contracts in conjunction with the Legal department of all external services providers
- Ensure compliance of Service Level Agreement by the service provider
- Manage relationship with the Institute’s external service providers
- Participate in key decisions as a member of the management team
- Maintain in-depth relations with all members of the management team and staff
- Maintain the collective functioning of the department and liaison with all other department
- Compile quarterly Manco on the department dashboard
- Compile a quarterly Exco implementation report on the department strategies
- Professional Qualification / Designation in Accounting
- Honours Degree in Education Management is advantageous
- 5 years in education and training in the post-matric education sector in accounting
- 3 years in senior management position and managing peoples in an educational environment
- Developing education and training programmes for the accounting profession
- Managing stakeholder relationships
- Understanding the legislative requirements for the accounting profession
Applications to be sent to email@example.com
Closing Date: 27 June 2019
Technical Legal Specialist - Posted 08 August 2019
- Lead and manage the Legislative division within the Technical and Standards Department to enable quality services to all members and their clients.
- Pro-actively contribute and make submissions to Accountancy and related legislation (Draft Bills)
- Lobby and advocate on behalf of SAIPA, its Members and the Accountancy Profession
- Research existing legislation affecting the SAIPA and the Accountancy Profession
- Research the global Accountancy Profession landscape, environment and regulatory domain
- Pro-actively research the IAASB, IAESB, IESBA, IPSAS, EG, GAA, CA Worldwide, strategy and its agendas
- Draft and publish related and relevant articles
- Provide thought leadership research on relevant legal topics
- Identify opportunities for growth in member services
- Develop specific value-added products and services implemented to address the changing needs of the profession to enable members to gain competitive advantage,
- Contribute to the legal aspects of the Accounting professional qualification
- Provide member needs analysis
- Constantly scan the markets to compare relevant legal competitor products and service offerings conducted
- Publish legal related articles in the Technical News and professional accountant magazine
- Publish new member guidelines and books
- Post graduate qualification in Legal
- Research in Legislative Environment experience
- Significant Legislative Expertise & Competency in Communication as well as a good understanding of the accounting & financial sector
- Master’s degree in Law will be an advantage
- +5 years’ knowledge and practical experience in Legal Advisory services
- 5 years’ knowledge and practical experience in
- Effective Communication Skills
- Networking abilities
- Stakeholder Relationship Management
- Research skills
- Understanding of related legislation
- Understanding of promulgation of legislation
Applications to be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing Date: 14 August 2019
Western Cape Government - Head Official: Provincial Treasury - Closing date: 19 August 2019
WESTERN CAPE GOVERNMENT
HEAD OFFICIAL: PROVINCIAL TREASURY
Remuneration: R1 978 533 per annum (Level 16) (All-inclusive package to be structured to be structured in accordance with the rules for SMS) plus a 10% non-pensionable HOD allowance.
Reference Number: PT 2019- 39
To view the advertisement content and how to apply online, please visit http://www.westerncape.gov.za/jobs
Closing date: 19 August 2019
Inventory Controller, Bedfordview - Closing date: 05 September 2019
Medium Company based in Bedfordview is currently looking for individuals with a completed degree or studying towards a Financial degree. Relevant experience required.
Remuneration is market related and will be discussed in the interview. CV’s can be sent to email@example.com and successful candidates will be contacted for an interview.
Closing Date of Application: 05 September 2019
SAIPA Trainee Accountant opportunities open in Century City, Cape Town – Posted 09 July
Our Client, an Accounting Firm in Century City, Cape Town is looking for two Trainee Accountants to join their company and start immediately.
Please go to our website www.froggsa.co.za to view, register and apply for these SAIPA Learnership opportunities OR email your CV directly to firstname.lastname@example.org and add SAIPA in your subject line when applying.
You need a completed Financial Degree / Diploma to enter the SAIPA Learnership programme.
SAIPA Trainee opportunites - Posted 28 June
Medium Accounting firm based in Pretoria is currently looking for individuals with a completed degree or studying towards a Financial degree who is interested in doing their SAIPA articles. Full accounting function in accordance with SAIPA training. Remuneration is market related and will be discussed in the interview. CV’s can be sent to email@example.com and successful candidates will be contacted for an interview.
Junior Accountant in Pretoria, Menlo Park - Posted 25 June
An established accounting firm in Pretoria is looking for a person to fill a full-time position as a junior accountant as soon as possible.
Duties and responsibilities
- Preparation and delivery of an entire file from planning to final Financial Statements;
- Managing a team of junior staff;
- Pastel accounting processing from cashbook to trial balance;
- Basic VIP payroll package knowledge;
- VAT calculations and the completion of VAT 201 returns (including pushing SARS payment to the necessary banks);
- Taxation on any of the following engagement types: Individual, Trust, Close Corporation, School, Non-Profit Organization, Body Corporate or Company;
- PAYE, SDL, UIF and WCC;
- Any and all types of SARS communication, including reviews, audits, objections and appeals;
- Statutory duties (CIPC);
- certain administrative duties.
Desired experience & qualification
- Must be proficient in English and Afrikaans;
- B.com degree in accountancy or equivalent;
- Must have at +3 years’ experience in practice (SAIPA articles preferable);
- Must be computer literate, including being proficient in Word and Excel;
- Must have own transport and a valid SA driver’s license.
E-mail CV`s to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing date: 31 July 2019
Medium Audit firm in Menlo Park, Pretoria has two separate positions available - Posted 21 June
Tax Administration position. Duties include SARS Registrations, administration of assessments/objections and client correspondence thereof. Taxware experience will be an advantage.
Debtors/Secretarial admin position. Debtors is the main responsibility of this position. Duties include the administration and submission of Annual returns for our client base with CIPC, the creditor’s payments of our firm as well as the administration of the registrations and changes of Trusts and the submission thereof to the Master.
The perfect candidates should be driven, organised and motivated with effective communication skills. Remuneration is market related and will be discussed in the interview. CV’s can be sent to email@example.com and successful candidates will be contacted for an interview.
Accountant – How Safe is Your Job ….. Really? - Posted 21 may
If dealing with today’s lack of job security is worrying and you’re looking to take control by owning your own business, consider this….we have a great opportunity for you to start your own accounting practice from home. We’ll give you technical support, training and help with building your client base – the three things that most starting-out professionals find the hardest to do….and you don’t need to spend a small fortune.
As a well-known and established franchised network with a reputation for accounting excellence we are keen to invest in talent like you. We’ll give you an opportunity to “test your skills” so that you can be sure that you’re ready for the challenge.
So, if flexibility, regulating your own income and preserving your professional status matter then why not visit our web-site www.ban.co.za for more information and if interested, complete an application form on-line or e-mail us to request one. Should your application be successful, we will send you an invitation to our Discovery Day being held in Johannesburg on the 13th of July 2019. Please note that this opportunity is for our November 2019 intake.
Please take note that this is only for South African citizens.
Here’s your chance to explore a brilliant offer!