Du Toit Mook - SAICA or SAIPA Clerks
Accountant - Cape Town (Milnerton)
A group of companies (Transportation, Labour and Construction) are looking for a highly motivated and deadline driven Accountant, to join the Finance Department at our Head Office in Cape Town (Milnerton).
Reporting to the Financial Manager, this role is a fantastic opportunity to grow your career in finance and operational aspects of a variety of growing entities.
Responsibilities and daily Duties will include but not be limited to:
• Keeping accurate financial records and reconciliations of key accounts
• Maintaining accurate fixed asset and tax asset registers
• Preparing and balancing of the bank reconciliations, suppliers and customers
• Propose and implement financial best practices
• Maintain a documented system of accounting policies and procedures
• Ensure compliance with all statutory requirements and laws
• Support and prepare for the annual financial audit
• Create additional analyses and reports as requested by management
• Submission of EMP501 reconciliations
Required skills and qualifications:
• SAIPA (preferred), or Bachelor degree/Advanced Diploma in Accounting
• 3 Years’ experience as an accountant (articles also counts as experience) as a minimum
• Strong Excel skills and knowledge of Pastel and / or SAGE Accounting
• Good leadership and communication skills demonstrated on application
• Own transportation
• Deadline driven
Should you have the necessary experience and feel that your skills and experience are ideal for the position, kindly forward your CV to the following email address - Renscha van Heerden (email@example.com).
Salary – dependant on qualifications
CLOSING DATE: 24 NOVEMBER 2019
SENIOR FINANCIAL ACCOUNTANT
A vacancy exists for a Financial Accountant with at least 5 years appropriate experience with very strong administrative and organizational skills. Functions and responsibility include supervision of debtors, creditors, wages, salaries and cash book. Additional duties will include; computation and submission of Company Taxation and Value Added Tax, Compiling monthly management reports, Maintaining records, Liaising with external consultants and auditors, Monthly and annual reconciliations. Position covers several affiliated companies. Relevant tertiary qualification. SAIPA, CIMA or equivalent would be advantageous. Market related remuneration package.
Applications by email only to firstname.lastname@example.org, Attention: Financial Director, with a covering letter, comprehensive CV with reasons for leaving, current or expected remuneration and a copy of your last payslip.
Closing date for applications: 15 November 2019. If you do not receive a response by 29 November 2019, please regard your application as unsuccessful.
Tax Practitioner - Cape Town – Permanent - Full Time
A boutique Professional Accounting Firm in the heart of Cape Town, is looking for a dynamic Tax Practitioner / Tax Administrator to join their team. This amazing firm embraces growth and sees it as their purpose to impact and equip clients, families and individuals to grow from strength to strength to enable financial health and freedom. If this resonates with you and you want to be part of this team, then please send us your CV.
Duties & Responsibilities
• Ensure tax compliance for all tax types (Value-added tax VAT, Employees Tax, Provisional Tax, Income Tax, Capital Gains Tax CGT, Deferred Tax, Donation Tax, Dividend Withholding Tax, Estate Duty, Post date of death Income Tax, Customs & Excise incl SARS, Workmen’s Compensation, Department of Labour etc.)
• Gather and process all financial and tax information required to prepare compilation and calculation of all tax for individuals / freelancers / sole proprietors, partnerships, close corporations, companies and trusts.
• Prepare and submit tax registrations and deregistration’s for all tax types
• Prepare and submit tax returns for all tax types as well as ad hoc tax administration as required
• Monthly statutory returns (VAT, PAYE, UIF, SDL, UI-19’s, etc)
• Payroll services for monthly paid or commission employees incl employee benefit consultation and administration
• PAYE processing on withdrawal/surrender, partial withdrawals and monthly annuity payments on living annuities
• Workmen’s Compensation return ROE W. As.8 incl registration
• Employers’ declarations of employees to the Department of Labour incl UI18 registration as an employer at Dept of Labour
• Annual and bi-annual IRP5/IT3a reconciliations incl Issuing of Tax Certificates and EMP501 return
• VAT reconciliations
• Dividend Withholding Tax (DWT) (DTR02) and Withholding Tax on Interest (IWT) reconciliations, submissions and payments to SARS
• Recovering withholding tax paid on behalf of investors in positions of an exemption certificate
• Application of Tax Clearance Certificates (TCC’s)
• Tax Directives, IT88 Directive processing, reconciliations and payments to SARS
• Compile tax computations and calculate tax liability for a portfolio of clients, in order to meet client, SARS and any other deadlines
• Accurate and on-time SARS engagements and administration with regards to client registrations, deregistration, queries, disputes, appeals, public officer updates and general administration
• Accurate and on-time SARS E@syfile and eFiling registrations, administration and maintenance
• Ensure that the tax system is in line with SARS latest Business Specific Requirement
• Provide Tax Advice and planning, including Capital Gains Tax and Estate Duty
• Responsible for all new client on-boarding on eFiling / various spreadsheets, Sage One Accounting, Tax Software (i.e. Taxware), etc.
• Deal with client queries regarding Tax and Income distributions
• Manage B-BBEE and preparation for B-BBEE certificates/affidavits
• Issue confirmation of income letter / VISA application letter / Bank Audit and Surety letters, etc
• Prepare and submit CIPC annual returns to ensure tax compliance
• Responsible for CIC related incl CoR and CK2A amendments and addition to statutory information
• Responsible for CIPC registration of new companies incl name reservations for future business, issue share certificate, etc.
• Responsible for NPO/PBO registration of new entities including Section 30 and Section 18a registrations
• Manage own time through an electronic timekeeping system (time sheets), and be responsible for monitoring the costs on the client jobs assigned
• Provide training to team-members
• Scanning and filing
Desired Experience & Qualification
• Must be a Registered Tax Practitioner in good standing
• Relevant tertiary qualification, preferably completed a diploma or degree in Accounting/Taxation
• 3+ years taxation experience in an accounting or audit firm
• Must have worked with a portfolio of clients, having been responsible for client correspondence (speaking directly to clients to obtain information etc) as well as correspondence with third parties (e.g. banks, brokers, financial advisors).
• An organised individual who can take responsibility for their portfolio with minimum supervision and multitask where necessary.
• The ability to gather and process all financial and tax information required to prepare compilation and calculation of all tax types (Value-added tax VAT, Employees Tax, Provisional Tax, Income Tax, Capital Gains Tax CGT, Deferred Tax, Donation Tax, Dividend Withholding Tax, Estate Duty, Post date of death Income Tax, Customs & Excise incl SARS, Workmen’s Compensation, Department of Labour etc) including ability to do reconciliations, objections, appeals and disputes on behalf of clients
• Proficient at using Excel, Microsoft Word and Email
• Sound working knowledge of Sage One Accounting & - Payroll, Pastel Partner, Xero Accounting, VIP Payroll, Tax Software (i.e. Taxware), SARS E@syfile and SARS eFiling
• Solid knowledge of financial processes, systems and related legislation
• Excellent communication skills (verbal, non-verbal & written)
• Excellent time management skills
Competencies and attributes
• Accuracy and attention to details
• Service orientated and adaptable
• Deadline driven with focus on delivering results and meeting customer expectations
• Service orientated and adaptable
• Working under pressure
• Resourceful, self-motivated and solution-driven
• Dependable & trustworthy
• Customer & service oriented
• Professional conduct and appearance
• Responsible, accountable and dedicated
• Positive energy and willingness to be part of a team
Package & Remuneration
Starting date: Negotiable – preferable Jan 2020
Leave: 21 consecutive days paid leave during each annual leave cycle plus 1 day paid leave to be taken on their birthday
If you have any questions or like to apply to this vacancy, please send an email to careers@accountabilityPA.co.za
Please note: Preference will be given to South African citizens and applicants with a valid work permit. If you have not heard back from us within 2 weeks after you have submitted your CV, please regard your application us unsuccessful.