Accounting, Mathematics & Mathematical Literacy Enrichment & Academic Support Project for Grade 12 Learners
You only have one chance to get the best Grade 12 Accounting and Maths results you can!
REGISTRATIONS ARE NOW CLOSED
Let SAIPA assist you with preparing for your final Grade 12 exams in these subjects through convenient, structured, and practical tutorial support programmes.
Don’t miss out on this valuable opportunity!
SAIPA invites Grade 12 learners who wish to further improve their knowledge and skill in these subject areas, to apply to participate in this support project in 2021.
What is the SAIPA Accounting, Mathematics & Mathematical Literacy Enrichment & Academic Support Project?
The Accounting, Mathematics & Mathematical Literacy support sessions are free online tutorials (hosted on the Zoom platform) aimed grade 12 learners who want assistance in Accounting, Mathematics & Mathematical Literacy. The tutorials are designed to assist learners prepare for their final Grade 12 exams in these subjects, through a convenient, structured, and practical tutorial support programme.
Who can register to participate?
Grade 12 learners who have chosen accounting maths, and maths literacy as school subjects.
How does it work?
Experienced teachers from across the country will present the following three components of the programme:
- TUTORIAL PRESENTATIONS ON EXAM TOPICS will take place at 09:30 to 12:00 on Saturdays (from 31 July to 16 October 2021)
- HOMEWORK TUTORIALS will take place at 12.15 to 13.45 on Saturdays (from 31 July to 16 October 2021)
- REVISION OF PAPER 1 & PAPER 2 in the three subjects will take place on Saturday mornings and afternoons from 23 October until 30 October 2021 (times to be confirmed).
How can I participate?
Learners and teachers are welcome to participate. Simply click on the relevant links below and register.
- Visit www.mysaipa.co.za to register
- If you are not a SAIPA member, you need to create a MySAIPA account before you can register (at no additional cost).
- Once successfully registered you will receive a confirmation email.
- Enter as an individual or ask your teacher to register you as a group.
- Schools may enter as many learners as they wish.
- This Enrichment and Support Project is generously funded by SAIPA and is FREE. No payment is required.
Registration for the free Accounting, Mathematics and Mathematical Literacy tutorials closes on Friday, 23 July 2021.
Once you register, you will receive a confirmation email with all the details you require, as well as the links to access the sessions.
Do I need special equipment and stationery to access the programme?
- Learners may log on individually. Alternatively, teachers may set up connectivity for groups of learners. In areas where learners lack digital connectivity, schools should arrange a venue where connectivity is available however, these schools must arrange for teacher attendance to ensure adherence to Covid-19 protocols and to assist learners.
- Learners who log on individually will need a standard desktop, laptop computer or cellphone with good quality internet connectivity.
- All learners will need a calculator, note-pad and pen/pencil to take notes on topics and to practice calculations.
- In their Zoom presentations, teachers will display the questions and answers from past papers.
- To prepare for the tutorials, registered learners will have access to the 2018-2020 past papers and preparatory notes on MYSAIPA, our digital member platform.
- The material is accessible and downloadable. These will help learners in working through questions and consolidating the topics more effectively.
- Should a central venue with connectivity not be available, recordings of the sessions will be distributed to schools and district subject advisors in a format that suits the school environment.