Apply for SAIPA Membership
Members of the Institute of Accounting and Commerce (IAC) can now Apply for SAIPA Membership Designations
Applications Close 31 January 2022
The South African Institute of Professional Accountants (SAIPA) and the Institute of Accounting and Commerce (IAC) has mutually agreed, upon request of the IAC, to end their long-standing Memorandum of Understanding (MoU).
What This Change Means for IAC Members
As a result of this change, IAC members will regrettably no longer be able to access the same benefits that SAIPA members enjoy and will be required to pay market-related rates for those benefits, should they wish to continue enjoying it.
However, IAC members wishing to continue accessing the full array of SAIPA services, may choose to apply for SAIPA Membership. This offer will be available for a limited period which will expire on 31 January 2022.
Your membership application will be assessed, and the appropriate designation will be awarded.
Members who accept this offer and apply for membership during 2021, must note that the membership will only be active from 1 January 2022.
Benefits of Joining SAIPA
IAC members who choose to apply for SAIPA membership, will have access to the same benefits that SAIPA members have become accustomed to, which includes:
- An internationally recognised designation: Professional Accountant (SA);
- A South African recognised designation: Professional Tax Practitioner (SA);
- A South African recognised designation: Professional Business Advisor (SA);
- A Digitally Transformed Professional Accountancy Organisation;
- A personalised online member platform, MySAIPA, that affords real-time, online system access;
- Continuous Professional Development (CPD) seminars and Webinars, including a “Netflix”-type suite of courses and programmes;
- Annual electronic certificate and email badge signatures;
- Annual Ethical Pledge that is linked to the good standing status of members;
- Discounted rates to the Annual Accounting iNdaba
- SAIPA-hosted Annual Tax Breakfast;
- Professional Indemnity (PI) and Directors & Officers’ (D&O) insurance cover that is included in the membership fee;
- SAIPA AssetSure, which affords practitioners insurance at rates up to 60% below market rates;
- Weekly Updates
- Monthly online publication: SAIPA Your Law;
- Monthly online publication: SAIPA Tech News;
- Monthly online publication: SAIPA Tax News;
- Quarterly online Professional Accountant magazine;
- Quarterly online Professional Tax Professional magazine; and
- A planned quarterly online Professional Business Advisor magazine.
SAIPA Membership Fees
Currently, the SAIPA Annual Membership Fee for 2022 is R7 661,19
This fee includes:
20 live CPD’s / Webinars to the value of 40 CPD hrs pa.
PI Insurance cover to the value of R7,5m pa.
D&O Liability cover to the value of R2,5m pa.
How to Apply
IAC members who choose to apply for SAIPA membership will qualify for a 50% discount in membership fees for 2022, provided that they take up this offer by 31 January 2022.
Please click on this link to submit your application.
Please include your current IAC membership number.
If you have any queries, kindly email Nthabeleng Mashiya at firstname.lastname@example.org or on 011- 207 7840.
SAIPA looks forward to welcoming you into the SAIPA family, to share in all the benefits and services that SAIPA, as a digitally transformed futuristic accountancy organisation, offers.