Professional Tax Practitioner (SA)
Services that can be performed by a Professional Tax Practitioner (SA) include:
- Register with SARS as a Tax Practitioner in terms of the new Tax Administration Act
- Register all tax types
- Prepare and file Income Tax returns for individuals and all types of businesses
- Prepare and file PAYE returns
- Prepare and file VAT returns
- All the services offered by a Professional Tax Technician (SA)
What do I need to qualify?
- Three year Bachelor degree with Tax as a major subject, and at least Accounting 3;
- Three years of verifiable practical experience in a tax environment; and
- Write and pass the CoTE Professional Tax Examination
In addition, a member in good standing who holds the Professional Accountant (SA) designation, may make application to qualify for the Professional Tax Practitioner (SA) designation without writing the examination.