Further to the communication issued to all candidates regarding SAIPA’s decision to host the Professional Evaluation Examinations online, please note this important information in preparation.
The SAIPA Online Professional Examination will be hosted strictly online, on the Cirrus platform. This means that this examination can be taken in the comfort of your home, on your own personal computer or laptop. You have taken the generic trial exam experience to prepare for the examination. This compulsory trial exam accustomed you to the online examination platform. Prior to your examination at home on Cirrus you need to know and possibly arrange some things. You will find additional guidance on this page
NB: Make sure you have your member number and corresponding password close at hand or have them both memorized.
BEFORE THE EXAMINATION
1. What equipment do I need to sit the examination?
You do not need any special equipment for the remotely invigilated examination, a standard desktop or laptop with a webcam, a microphone and good quality internet connectivity will be sufficient.
Ensure that your laptop/computer batteries are fully charged. Do not log out of the examination in the event of loss of connectivity or power failure as you are able to continue to work offline until connectivity is restored.
2. Member number and password
Make sure you know your member number and corresponding password or have them both at hand. You can only login with your own password. If you don’t have a password or if you are unable to login using it, you can request a new password:
- Go to https://saipa.cirrusplatform.com
- Click on Can’t long in?
- Enter your username. This is your member number
- An email will be sent to you with instructions on how to create a new password.
- Click on Back to login
- Use your Student ID and your newly created password to log in.
- You will then enter the candidate dashboard. Here you will see the scheduled examination. You can start this by clicking on Start test.
3. Attend the online exam preparation webinar (compulsory)
Attend the free webinar on Thursday, 9 July 2020 from 17h00 – 18h30 to prepare for the online exam. You will receive guidance on how to use the platform. Should you have any queries, please contact Delouise de Wet, our Training & Assessment Manager via firstname.lastname@example.org
4. Use Google Chrome Internet Explorer
Close all documents/apps on your computer when you are logged on. Use Google Chrome Internet Explorer as a browser for your examination. These are the browser in which Cirrus works best.
5. Login to Cirrus
To start with your examination, you need to log in to Cirrus via: https://saipa.cirrusplatform.com. Test the login once before the examination date. Do not worry if your examination is not visible then. This will be visible in Cirrus no later than 15 minutes before the scheduled start time. We recommend that you log in at 8h00 to start your examination at 08h30 until 13h30.
DURING THE EXAMINATION
- Always read the instructions page carefully at the start of the examination.
- PLEASE NOTE: When navigating Cirrus, one click means one action, two clicks means two, and so forth. Sometimes it takes a while before a mouse click is processed. Be careful with double-clicking, before you know it you have skipped a question!
- Are you done with your answers? You submit your answers by clicking ‘Complete assessment’ in Cirrus and confirming your submission. The test will then be submitted in the test software. After that you can click ‘Exit’.
Please note, your answers will automatically be submitted by the Cirrus if you run out of time.
Please also note that when you submit your examination in negligence or by mistake you cannot go back to start again.
With remote invigilation, you sit your examination on a computer and are supervised over the internet by a SAIPA invigilator or proctor (an invigilator or proctor is a person who oversees examinations). Candidates have the flexibility to sit for an examination(s) at a suitable location of choice. Everything will also be recorded and may be reviewed by SAIPA.
Please note that no extra time will be given to complete the examination as ample opportunity was provided by SAIPA to familiarize yourself with the Online Examinations Platform.
QUESTIONS OR PROBLEMS
For questions or when you experience problems, e-support is available via a chat option, which can be found on the following website: https://www.ru.nl/esupport
Delouise de Wet – Training & Assessment Manager via email@example.com – 076 022 1139
Sechaba Motaung: Professional Accountant (SA) – Professional Education Manager via firstname.lastname@example.org – 076 071 2263