SAIPA Professional Evaluation Exam Will Be Online
11 July Professional Evaluation Exam will be hosted online
Considering COVID-19 and the subsequent government regulations, the South African Institute of Professional Accountants (SAIPA) has been focused on developing an alternative arrangement for your Professional Evaluation Exam.
11 JULY EXAMINATION WILL BE ADMINISTERED ONLINE WITH REMOTE INVIGILATION
SAIPA is pleased to announce to candidates that the Examination scheduled for Saturday, 11 July 2020 will be held online and will be subject to remote invigilation. To ensure stringent invigilation measures, we have been working with a partner who are an industry leader in online examinations.
With the health and safety of our candidates uppermost in our minds, we decided to take this decision to provide certainty for the wellbeing our candidates, that will enable them to progress through with their qualification.
WRITE YOUR EXAMS FROM LOCATION OF CHOICE
The flexibility and convenience will allow candidates to take their Professional Evaluation examination from a PC or laptop at a suitable location of their choice, whether it be from home or the office.
FORMAT OF EXAMINATION WILL REMAIN THE SAME
The format of the examinations will remain the same – the original paper-based examinations will be transferred to an online environment. Instead of submitting handwritten data using pen and paper, candidates will be required to submit their exam digitally.
Candidates will receive a trial run test link on Monday, 6 July 2020 with a time allocation to access the portal.
Minimum Browser Requirements
- Internet Explorer 9, Firefox 1, or Google Chrome are required to log into the exam
- Candidates must have their own data as it will not be supplied by SAIPA
- Candidates must have a stable internet connection
- Candidates must have a webcam
- Candidates are advised to ensure that they keep sufficient power / electricity backup. SAIPA will not be responsible for any electricity power failure. Candidates are advised to arrange backup solutions like UPS, Inverter, Generator etc.
- Laptop / notebooks must be fully charged and have sufficient backup time during the exam.
- Candidates may log on from cyber café’s where such power backup solutions are available
Steps for accessing the exam online
- Close all programs, including email
- Click on the link to open the exam that will be provided by SAIPA.
- Enter you SAIPA number
- Click “forgot password” on the screen
- An email will be generated and sent to the candidate
- Update password and login
- To begin the exam, click on the link to the Professional Evaluation exam listed
- Duration of the paper: 5 hours – 08:30 to 13:30
- Closed book examination – No external material is allowed.
- Financial calculators are permitted.
- Read the instructions on your question papers carefully.
- Toilet breaks- candidates are allowed to use the bathroom, the system will generate a report of breaks taken during the exam.
It is a Professional Examination thus misconduct may result in disciplinary or disqualification from the Profession.
During the examination
- Candidates are advised to take note of the following:
- Ensure that you save all work continuously
- Ensure that assessment instructions are closely followed
- Examination/assessment rules must be adhered to, including completing and submitting the declaration that the work that you are submitting, is your own
- The system will record any unethical behaviour
- Candidates are allowed to go back to questions
- The candidate MAY NOT use his or her textbook, course notes, or receive help from a proctor or any other outside source.
- Candidates must complete the multiple-choice and essay questions within the 5-hour time frame allotted for the exam.
- Examination instructions must be closely monitored. Candidates MAY NOT log out from the session and then return to it. This is especially important in the online environment where the system will “time-out” and not allow the candidate to re-enter the exam site. The system will record all activities.
- Candidates can upload excel and word documents but may not download any information.
Queries can be directed to: Delouise de Wet – Training & Assessment Manager via firstname.lastname@example.org