Advanced Diploma in Public Administration – Public Finance Stream – NQF Level 7
The Advanced Diploma in Public Administration – Public Finance stream is a professional qualification aimed at public sector accounting officials and practitioners working in government and development agencies.In addition, the AdvDip (Public Administration) – Public Finance stream is aimed at those who want to develop further in their careers to become a Professional Accountant (SA) with SAIPA.
Closing date for applications is 30 October 2023
Classes start: February 2024
Who should apply?
Individuals who meet the following entry requirements are encouraged to apply:
- Appropriate Bachelors’ degree or National Diploma;
- Or matric; with ten years – appropriate practical work experience in the areas of public administration, economics or business.
UWC and SAIPA
The University of the Western Cape (School of Government), concluded a Memorandum of Understanding with SAIPA; therefore, students who successfully complete the AdvDip (Public Administration) – Public Finance stream, can apply for the SAIPA Project Achiever Programme. This Programme will help prepare you for the Professional Evaluation assessment. On successful completion of the Professional Evaluation assessment, you will be able to advance your career and obtain the prestigious designation of Professional Accountant (SA).
Outcome of the Qualification
- Apply sound accounting and finance theory and practice relevant to the public sector.
- Demonstrate the ability to communicate skills in a rational and logical manner.
- Practice the ethics pertinent to Accounting, Finance, Business and Management and in particular those pertinent to an Accountant and Independent Auditor.
- Demonstrate an advanced understanding of the theories and practices pertaining to the field of Financial Accounting, Finance, Management, Accounting, Performance Measurement and Auditing in the public sector.
- Identify and solve problems, specifically pertaining to the field of Financial Accounting, Finance, Management Accounting.
- Demonstrate proficiency in managing the applied accounting sciences’ activity and the ability to conduct applied accounting engagement in the public sector
- Introduction to Governance and Public Administration
- Public Policy
- Economics and Public Finance
- Public Sector Financial Reporting
- Public Sector Performance Measurement, Risk and Auditing
- Public Sector Financial Management
Complete the form below to receive more information on the AdvDip (Public Administration) – Public Finance stream
For enquiries, please email email@example.com