Financial Manager / HR Manager
Reporting to: Director or any appointed Superior thereafter
Purpose of the role: The Financial Manager / HR Manager shall be responsible and accountable for leading the teams in both the finance/accounts business unit/department as well as overseeing the HR Department functions and staff.
The Financial Manager / HR Manager is responsible to ascertain overall finance, accounting and business finance compliance and effective collaboration of the accounts department among other departments. S/he is responsible for overseeing and monitoring the full spectrum of the accounts (receivables and payable), as well observing and ascertaining compliance with accounting and financial management principles in daily operations and practices of financial management.
The Financial Manager / HR Manager also take fully accountability for the employee relations and the maintaining of staffing records.
Liaison with external consultants should assistance with HR / IR issues be required.
Duties & Responsibilities
Accounts / HR Management
- Management of the debtor age analysis on weekly basis (ensure maximum collections).
- Liaise with other business units on overdue and general outstanding accounts.
- Management of trade creditors (processes and procedures).
- Ensure customer accounts and vendor queries are resolved within agreed timelines (credit notes,
invoicing reconciliations, customer credit limits, new accounts).
- Ensure that ALL internal company policies and procedures are observed, adhered to ALL times.
- Provide the management team with various HR reports detailing monthly staffing activities /
movements / disciplinaries, etc.
- Take the lead with regards to Disciplinary Enquiries and CCMA cases.
- Full company asset management, listing and valuing. Assets register control.
- Statutory compliance, reporting and tax returns (PAYE, VAT, Income tax etc.) and all other
finance and account principles.
- Liaise with SARS and all other finance statutory and non-statutory bodies, organisations and
institution i.e. banks, finance service providers and consulting firms where applicable etc.)
- Record management.
- Develop and prepare financial reports (profit and loss, expenditure, departmental/business units
report and statistics etc.).
- Produce detailed quarterly cash flow forecasts.
- Produce financial reports detailing actual expenditure against forecast to agreed timelines.
- Overseeing and ensuring enhanced bookkeeping.
- Financial year end reporting and annual financial auditing preparation.
- Inventory management where applicable.
- Produce and distribute monthly management reports to agreed timelines.
- Produce detailed quarterly cash flow forecasts.
- Develop annual budgets in collaboration with the Director of Finance and Operations and
- Ensure compliance with all statutory requirements relating to financial control, financial
management and accounting.
- Ensure appropriate external audit arrangements are in place and manage the audit process.
- Ensure that all balance sheet reconciliations are produced on an accurate and timely basis to
include bank reconciliations, debtors, creditors and inter-company account.
- Lead and manage staff in the finance/accounts department and HR department.
- Conduct annual performance reviews twice a year for finance/accounts and HR staff.
- Coach, mentor, guide, counsel and train subordinates in all company matters including company
standards, policies, processes and procedures.
- Ensure that all subordinates are aware and adhere to company rules and regulations and
standards, including initiating disciplinary measures where applicable.
Health and Safety
- Familiarise yourself with and adhere to all health and safety rules and regulations, standards,
policies and procedures i.e. Personal Protective Equipment including clothing, Safe Operating
- Report (do not fix) all hazardous and unsafe work situations, conditions and environment i.e.
lights, electric cables, plugs, shelves etc.
- Report fellow employees and any other person failing to conform to health and safety rules,
regulations, policies and standards.
- Observe, implement and live up to the values of the company.
- Ensure and work towards supreme customer service and satisfaction at all times through the
elimination of mistakes and errors as well as applying a sense of urgency on all customer
- Report any irregularities by fellow employees, superiors, customers and any other person(s).
- Familiarise yourself with and adhere to all company rules and regulations, standards, policies,
processes and procedures.
- Actively participate in departmental team meetings (team talks), toolbox talks etc.
- Mentoring and coaching any assigned trainee(s), new employee(s) etc.
- Attend all internal and external meetings.
- Ensure the clean, presentable and hygienic workstation.
Attributes, Skills and Abilities
- Uncompromised severe degree of diligence, ethics, honesty and integrity.
- Uncompromised attention to detail and analytical skills and see the bigger picture in figures and
their impact to the overall financial bottom line.
- Excellent communication skills at all levels including interviewing of witnesses and suspects
- Client and service orientated and focused, business acumen, results driven.
- Good leadership skills and ability to motivate staff, delegate, work with and in teams, absorb
pressure and successfully resolve conflict and develop people.
- Ability to handle confidential and sensitive information in a professional manner.
- Superior communication and networking skills at all levels.
- Diligent, honest, ethical and punctual with excellent time management skills.
- Team player with desire to help and work with others and handle pressure well.
- Flexibility, multi-tasking skills, time management, prioritizing, good planning and organising skills.
- B-com in Financial Management.
- SAICA/SAIPA registration – advantageous.
- A minimum of 5 years’ experience in a similar role.
- Uncompromised expert knowledge and practical skills on accounts receivable and payable.
- Intermediate to advanced computer literacy (MS office, Pastel, internet and email).
- Pastel experience in invoicing, account receivable & payables, payroll processing & payments,
taxation, VAT, Management accounts and annual financial statements
- Ability to submit and manage tax, vat and other compliance matter on eFilling
- Ability to manage all statutory compliance matters
- Ability to interface banking system and Pastel
- Preparation of fixed asset register
- Perform reconciliation of all control accounts
- Literacy and numeracy skills (must be able to read, write and count)– highly important.
- Demonstrated ability to communicate clearly and concisely in written and verbal formats,
including presentations, demonstrated capability to develop strong interpersonal working
relationships and work in a team environment.
Levels of Authority:
- Design, develop, and drive implementation and monitor adherence to the internal financial
policies, processes, processes and procedures.
- Signing of quotation and authorising payments.
- Develop monthly budgets budgeting.
- Staff daily operations requirements.
- Accounts management including customer complaint management.
- Meeting deadlines.
- Asset management.
- Monthly budgeting and Cashflow management.
- Status of accounts (receivable and payable).
- Full statutory and professional body(i.e.) compliance.
- Clean timeous annual audits.
- Zero SARS penalty rate.
- Monthly HR reports.
- Staff management and KPI reporting.
Reporting Mechanisms & Frequencies:
- Cash flow, Financial Statements and other year reports, profit and loss reports, SARS reporting
and filing. Staff reports, employee relations, etc
Should you meet the qualifying criteria as stated, send your CV with qualifications to email@example.com by Wednesday, 09 June 2021