This webinar is designed to prepare candidates wishing to sit for the CoTE Professional Tax Exanimation. On Successful completion of the examination the candidate will be awarded the professional designation “Professional Tax Technician (SA).
A Professional Tax Technician (SA) will be able to perform the following services
- Register with SARS as a practitioner in terms of the Tax Administration Act
- Register individuals as taxpayers
- Prepare tax refunds for the individual taxpayers on behalf of the tax practitioners
- Undertake VAT registrations
- Prepare basic VAT returns on behalf of the tax practitioners
- Assists with the registrations for income tax, PAYE. SDL and UIF
- Apply for TCCs
- Act as professional support for tax professionals
Structure and theme of the webinar
The webinar focuses on different aspects relating to the examination, which will test candidates on the conceptual understanding of crucial tax terminology relating to the various tax types and the different types of businesses.