SAIPA SARS Updates:Request for Appointment Booking Procedure
27 March 2020
Whilst it is clear:
- that the deadlines for the submission of tax returns have not been extended, and
- SARS is adamant that taxpayers and tax practitioners must use the available electronic channels to submit tax returns;
There could be exceptional circumstances during the lockdown period where a visit to a SARS branch becomes necessary. Those circumstance are defined as:
- when any of the legitimate electronic channels are not able to deal with a taxpayer’s specific issue or;
- if the taxpayer (or tax practitioner) still wants to consult a SARS agent or;
- where the taxpayer/tax practitioner has received a notice urging them to visit a SARS branch.
Under the abovementioned circumstances you are required to book an appointment. Elaborate details are available on the SARS website.
To make a booking click on the link below:
NB: Please ensure that your computer has the appropriate software to deal with tax matters.
See the link below for SARS compatible system requirements:
SAIPA will be in touch with any further updates as and when they become available.