Resignation and Strike Off
If you wish to resign your SAIPA membership, please note the following requirements:
- Resignations take place at year-end. Any resignations received during the year will only be actioned in December for the following year. (For example, a member who requests resignation in June will be resigned at the end of that same year if they are in good standing and will not receive a fee invoice for the following year) Kindly note that no re-imbursement will be furnished for pro rata periods.
- You must be in good standing for your resignation to be accepted. This means that all outstanding fees must be paid and there must be no outstanding legal matters to your name.
- A resignation request can be submitted via the member portal at www.saipa.co.za, or alternatively a written notice of resignation must be sent to our membership department (firstname.lastname@example.org) confirming your membership number and stating your intention to resign. Please do provide us with the reason for your resignation or alternatively state that you do not wish to provide a reason.
- If all the above is in order, your resignation will be accepted and processed. Confirmation will be furnished to you regarding same.
A member who resigns and wishes to be reinstated as a member in order to practice as a Professional Accountant (SA) will have to reapply for admission, pay the relevant application and entrance fees and will have to meet the necessary entrance requirements. The reinstatement will require the Professional Evaluation exam to be written and proof of CPD during the period will need to be provided. All reinstatements are subject to approval by the Board or its delegated authority.
Suspension and strike-off
The following should be noted relating to amounts owing to SAIPA:
- Membership fees are payable annually in advance no later than the last day of January each year.
- Any member who has not paid their annual subscription as at 31 January and remains in arrears at 31 March of that same year will be given a final notice of pending suspension until such payment is effected.
- Following the suspension process by 31 March, should a member remain in default until 30 June of the year in question in respect of any annual fees due, he/she will be placed on a strike-off list, and their names shall be removed from the register of members.
- All fees other than annual fees are payable in full by the end of the month in which the goods/services are invoiced.
- If the amount remains unsettled for a period of 90 days, the member shall have his/her membership suspended.
- Where a member is suspended in respect of any fees (other than annual fees due) and remains in default for a further period of 60 days, the member shall be summarily struck-off the member register.