National Accounting Olympiad 2014
National Accounting Olympiad 2014
Another year, another challenge, another competition in Accountancy!
The exciting news is that YOUR school has been given the opportunity to participate in the SAIPA National Accounting Olympiad for 2014. The Annual National Accounting Olympiad is a high school competition initiated by SAIPA.
The aim of the National Accounting Olympiad is to make Accounting as a subject more accessible to all students, and to expose the option of professional accountancy as a career opportunity to aspiring young accounting learners in Grade 12 countrywide.
Last years’ Accounting Olympiad was a huge success. The participation of sponsors exceeded our expectations and the winners excelled on many levels, walking away with valuable prizes which included bursaries and laptops amongst others. Prizes were also provided to the teachers of the winning schools for their participation in the Accounting Olympiad.
How does the SAIPA National Accounting Olympiad work?
1. Teachers must identify Grade 12 learners who wish to follow a CAREER IN ACCOUNTANCY.
2. In determining your candidates who qualify to enter this Olympiad, it is desirable that each school undergo an internal cycle test to determine its top candidates who are eligible to enter the competition.
4. The National Olympiad will consist of Two Rounds.
5. The First round will be held on 21st May 2014 with a written exam from 14h00 – 16h00 at the learners’ schools.
6. The Final Round will be written on the 30 July 2014 from 14h00- 16h00 at their schools.
7. The Final round will determines the Regional and National winners.
Teachers and/or Invigilators must abide by the Code of Conduct for the competition. Failure to sign and return this Code of Conduct will result in disqualification of the school from the competition.
E-mail the completed entry form together with the signed Code of Conduct to firstname.lastname@example.org or fax to (011) 764 6245 or 086 6705847. Please contact our offices at 011 764 4794 should you require any assistance.
Below are links to Olympiad Papers & Memo’s
* No oral examination will take place
* Candidates will write the Olympiad in English or Afrikaans.
We encourage you to participate in this exciting competition and request that you respond to this invitation as soon as possible, to ensure your participation in the 2014 SAIPA National Accounting Olympiad. As a participant your school will receive free Accountancy study guides with compliments from SAIPA and Proverto Educational Publishers.These study guides provide valuable career and bursary information for the Grade 12 learners.
NAO Sponsorship Opportunity
This year we have 8 winners. We are appealing to all our regular suppliers to come to the party and assist with some form of sponsorship for the very deserving winners.
In return you will also get some exposure depending on the value of your prize.
What you could get
- An opportunity to align your brand with SAIPA as a concerned travel company with a CSI project
- Banners at registration/ in auditorium/ (4 in total)
- An opportunity to hand out your prizes
- Logos in tech news and tax professional newsletters
- Logo on website
- Logo on menu
- Logo on invitations (with click through to our website)
- Logo on rotational screen on the night (we will provide you with the slide for this – we have strict guidelines around CI)
- Logo on NAO webpage (with click through to our website)
- Insert of a brochure and a promotional item into the goody bags to be given to 150 officials attending on the night
Sponsors are invited to also attend so you can hand out your prizes at the event.
Please send and email Shalata email@example.com if you would like become a sponsor.